Alberta Immigration Nominee Program (AINP)

So how do I immigrate to Alberta, Canada?

Alberta has become hugely popular over the last few years and now is seen as the second most popular province or territory to immigrate to in Canada after Ontario.

In 2018 the AINP launched two new streams of entry to obtaining your permanent residency in Canada, Opportunity Stream and Express Entry Stream.

Alberta Immigration Nominee Program

Alberta Immigration Nominee Program (AINP)

The Alberta Immigration Nominee Program (AINP) allows access via the Express Entry system for skilled workers with a full time job offer in Alberta. If you fall under any program, Federal Skilled Workers, Federal Skilled Trades or Canadian Experience Class, within the Express Entry system you may be eligible to be nominated through this program gaining a potential 600 points towards your overall ranking.

Alberta will automatically consider profiles within the Express Entry pool and will contact you direct with an Invitation to Apply (ITA). A strong tie with Alberta and someone who can support regional economic development and growth as well as being able to fill job shortages within the province could have advantages over someone who doesn't.

Before being able to express interest in either the Federal Skilled Workers Program, Federal Skilled Trades or Canadian Experience Class within the Express Entry system you need to be able to meet the below requirements:

  • Be eligible for one of the Express Entry classes of Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades or Canadian Experience Class.
  • Be in the Express Entry pool.
  • Have sufficient funds to support you and your family.
  • Have certificate of skills for Federal Skilled Trades from either a Canadian province or territory authority.
  • Be able to sit and pass a language test in both English and French. This has to be for speaking, writing, talking and reading. The more proficient, the higher the score.
  • Provide full education history and qualifications. The higher the qualification the higher the score.
  • Plan to reside in Alberta.
  • Be able to bring skills and ability to the job shortages within Alberta.
  • Have strong ties with Alberta and be able to add to the regional economic growth.
  • Having an immediate relative that is living in Alberta either as a Permanent Resident or a Canadian Citizen can obtain more points within the Express Entry system.
  • Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of 300.

Eager to know if you qualify to work in Canada? Let our licensed immigration consultant assess your eligibility.

Alberta Opportunity Stream (AOS)

The Alberta Immigration Nominee Program (AINP) allows foreign workers residing in Alberta on a temporary residence the opportunity to obtain permanent residency in Alberta as part of the Alberta Immigration Nominee Program (AINP).

To apply via this stream you must have a valid work permit for an eligible occupation.

You must also be able to meet the following requirements:

  • You must be able to pass an English and French test at a particular level dependent on your occupation. A proficiency in reading, writing, speaking and understanding in both languages is necessary.
  • You must have completed the equivalent of high school education in Alberta.
  • A minimum of 12 months full time work experience in your current occupation in Alberta within the last 18 months or a minimum of 24 months full time work experience in your current occupation across Canada and or overseas within the last 30 months.
  • Post Graduate Work Permits require a minimum of 6 months full time experience in Alberta in the last 18 months.
  • You must have an offer of full time employment.

Your employer must adhere to the following requirements:

  • Must be registered or incorporated by or under an act of the province, territory or Parliament of Canada and operating a business that either has a production capability or a plant or place of business within Alberta.
  • Your employer must give you a job offer that guarantees you continuous paid full time work within your current occupation.
  • Minimum pay and benefits need to meet the provincial minimum wage.
  • Meet or exceed the requirements set out in your LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment)

Self Employed Farmer Stream

To apply for your permanent residence into Alberta via the Self Employed Farmer Stream you must meet the following criteria:

  • Must be able to prove by the following methods that you have farm management skills.
  • Financial documentation of an existing farm business.
  • Documentation of education, training and work experience.
  • A proposed business plan for your farming initiative in Alberta.
  • Proof that a Canadian financial institution is willing to finance your proposed farming business.
  • Financial Investment:
    • A minimum of CAD500,000 needs to be invested in a primary production farming business within Alberta.
    • A minimum net worth or confirmation of the ability to access the funds if necessary must be illustrated.
    • You may be asked at any time to show that you can invest more than the minimum amount.

Your primary production farming business needs to have a business plan documenting the investment plans and any business plan that is relevant to the growth of Alberta’s agri food targets will be given priority. Alberta’s agriculture and agri foods industry is foundation to the provinces diversified economy.

Don’t worry if all of these different immigration programs are baffling, we can advise you on the best route to take.

Do you qualify for a Canadian work visa? Find out today!

Canada Provincial Nominee Program

Explore all Canadian visa options

Disclaimer: Intergate Emigration is not an agency or affiliated with the Canadian Government and we act independently in the interests of our clients. We act as an agent for Nwando Oranye, a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant who provides fee-based services in addition to the official government charges to advise, assist and represent clients through the often-complex visa application process. All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the local authorities, subject to lodging a valid application using the forms available on the government website and meeting the relevant criteria.Our licensed immigration consultant is registered with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC). Nwando Oranye's registration number is R520558 . All her services comply with the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and her services with the compiling of visa and permit applications and her relocation services are unavailable through government channels. The application forms used during the immigration process can also be collected free of charge at any Canadian Government. Read our privacy policy here.

Copyright © 2021 Intergate Emigration. All rights reserved.